Friday 1 April 2011

Granite Coutertops



So with the coming of Baby Knapp, certain things must be put on hold. When bought our house 2 years ago (Mar. 27th was our House-iversary) and made some big changes when we moved in. First, I painted all of the rooms. After living in white walled apartments for so long I was beyond ready for some color :) Next, we replaced our applianced. The ones in the house were old, falling apart and quite frankly, ugly, so we got new stainless appliances for the house. The last thing we did was rip out the 10+ year old carpeting (YUCK!) and got laminate wood flooring put in. We spent so little on the floors and they look amazing! It's one of my favorite parts of the house! Now my least favorite part would have to be the kitchen counters. They're boring old cream-colored Formica countertops..and to boot we have a porcelain sink that no matter how many times I clean it stays stained (Any tips on how to make it whiter?). We wanted to use our tax return this year to have granite put into the kitchen, but now we're saving that money for our most important new addition, Baby Knapp.


Being a little bummed about the lack of granite I decided to do some research and came across Giani Granite Countertop Paint. This looks like a cool product; you basically paint your countertops with it and they look like granite. Has anyone used this product before? I've seen some great before/after pictures, but I'm still not quite sold. I figured it can't look any worse than our current counters, but how good can paint actually look on your counters? I decided to search for giveaways and found one at One Haute Mommy. I'm hoping to win this and give it a try so I can let everyone know how it works. Even if I don't win, it's not terribly expensive and I may just buy it on my own to try it.


So readers, what do you think? Have you seen this product used before or heard great things about it?

3 comments: